Submit a story to Volume Two of The Social Cause Diet
If you have an inspirational, humorous, or unusual story about volunteering or helping others in some way, please submit it for Volume Two.
If your story is included in Volume Two of The Social Cause Diet, you will retain ownership of it. However, you will be granting Cupola Press the license to duplicate it. Email your submission, preferably as a Word document. Call 925-285-7754 if you have questions or if you would like to receive the Submission Agreement before submitting.
The more varied the stories, the better. Stories may be about an experience lasting over a period of years, such as foster parenting, while others may focus on a single event, such as serving at a soup kitchen. The length of your account can be one paragraph to three or more pages. What is important is that each story is personal and honest. Journal entries, poems, previously published material and posted blogs are all welcome. Submissions are subject to editing with the writer's approval. Tips follow.
• Focus on your unique story. Be brief about the organization.
• Share the difficulties of your service if appropriate. Be honest.
• While most stories will be about the writer's own experience, you may submit a story about a close person who has inspired you.
• Give examples and interesting details; support your points.
• Avoid preaching about the need, but keep in mind the book’s objective of inspiring others through personal stories of satisfying acts of service.
• Include a short bio about yourself and relevant web sites.